A more personal service
Our Head Instructor, Janet is available for puppy home visits
As a knowledgeable Kennel Club Assured Breeder, Janet is well qualified to advise puppy owners.
Janet has over 39 years’ experience of dog behaviour and training, during which she has helped a a large number of owners train their dogs. Janet has trained her own dogs for both obedience competitions & retriever work and has shown her dogs in breed classes at Crufts. She has also been an expert breed representative, advising people at the Kennel Club’s annual Discover Dogs event.
Janet specialises in advising people who have never owned a dog before, or have not had a new puppy for some time. Janet can offer guidance on all the things a new puppy owner needs to know.
Visits can include advice on:
- understanding normal behaviour
- puppy socialisation / habituation
- feeding & diet
- general puppy problem management
- toilet training
- setting appropriate house rules for the dog
- suitable toys to occupy the dog and avoid boredom
- general health and welfare of your dog
- legal requirements of dog ownership
- good local places to exercise a dog
- basic training
- avoiding and curing problem behaviours
Unfortunately, due to painful arthritis in her knees, Janet is no longer able to take on older and more boisterous puppies